You'd think that by the last semester of my graduate education I would have figured out how to NOT be a procrastinator. I blame genetics on my inability to commit to things ahead of time. Is that fair? I guess part of me rationalizes it by thinking that I've made it this far....I should be able to make it the last couple of months. However, on a lighter note...professionally I always do projects ahead of the deadlines, but scholastically I am quite the opposite. This issue was perhaps compounded by my adviser telling me that she was a procrastinator as well! Uh oh...I'm not sure that was the best advising technique but it did make me feel better nonetheless.
As I type, I have my take home midterm for my Political Violence and Terrorism class (due in 5 hours), sitting next to me, lurking in my near future. I may have been able to put this off, but I have a take home midterm for my 600-level seminar course that will end up being between 14-21 typed pages. That, on the contrary, is something I cannot put off. I guess I have learned a few things over the MANY years of my educational life.
If you ever need tips on all nighters and pulling a 20 page graduate paper out of thin air, the last 72 hours before the due date....let me know!
As I type, I have my take home midterm for my Political Violence and Terrorism class (due in 5 hours), sitting next to me, lurking in my near future. I may have been able to put this off, but I have a take home midterm for my 600-level seminar course that will end up being between 14-21 typed pages. That, on the contrary, is something I cannot put off. I guess I have learned a few things over the MANY years of my educational life.
If you ever need tips on all nighters and pulling a 20 page graduate paper out of thin air, the last 72 hours before the due date....let me know!
0 comments: